If you’re struggling with depression, or are just stuck in a sadness rut, perhaps one of the best things you can do is get yourself a dog. It’s not a secret that dogs are a man’s best friend. There are hundreds of reasons why we love our furry friends, but these are just a few:
– Dogs love to make people happy. When they see you smile, it makes them happy. It’s a never-ending cycle of love.
- Dogs are extremely loyal. If they see you upset, chances are, they will try to change that.
- We all know that sunshine and fresh air can cure the blues, and since dogs need to be outside a lot, they will make sure that you get outside, too.
- They will do almost anything to make their owner happy. There are plenty of videos and pictures of dogs doing silly, funny, or just cute things to get a positive reaction.
- If you adopt a dog, you will instantly feel better knowing that not only will that dog make you happy, but you saved his life.
- A dog will give you a sense of responsibility. You have to clean up after them, feed them, and play with them. You will start realizing just how important you are to your pet.
- In general, dogs are very cuddly. They will love just spending time with you. If you have a furry friend to pet or just have next to you, you will definitely feel joy inside.
There are many reasons to be a dog owner. If you’re feeling the blues, owning a dog will be just the thing to brighten your spirits. Tell us: how does your canine companion cheer you up when you’re down? If you have questions about becoming a dog owner, or are a dog owner and need to set up an appointment for your furry friend, call our office at 410-465-6218.